Nodes of Science is a community project that values a diversity of views. We want to encourage people to get out there and write about all of the issues that science touches on. Such topics can range from the environment to psychology to economics to parenting and so on. Scientific issues touch on so many areas of our lives; therefore, the only way to begin understanding such a ubiquitous topic, is to offer a place where many people can share their perspectives. If you would like to share your story, you can use Nodes of Science or one of our Skepti-Forums as your platform. What do you need to do if you’re interested? Below you’ll find some of the basic information to get started.
- Before sending anything, please send a short proposal or what you have so far on the piece to discuss if the work is right for our forum. We can help work out the idea if it is not yet complete. We want to share many voices, but we also want to present high quality work for our readers. If you talk to us, we can help you get to where you need to go, even if you are a novice writer trying to find your voice.
- A short proposal or finished copy to see if A finished copy of the work. You should provide something that can be copy & pasted. We’ll worry about the formatting.
- References and citations. IMPORTANT. We emphasize evidence to support any claims of fact. Your piece will be much more solid if you back up what you say. References also offer and opportunity for readers to learn more. Nodes of Science and Skepti-Forum are evidence-based communities.
- Your biography. Let us know a bit about yourself and your previous work. You may also provide contact details such as your email address and website. If you have other projects, feel free to let us know.
- Any links that you would like added with directions on where you would like them.
- A short summary or blurb of your work. We only need a few sentences or a short paragraph serving as an introduction.
- A quote or two from your work. If you provide a snippet of a few quotes you like, these can get people interested in your piece.
- One or more images. These need to be yours or in the public domain. We cannot use copyrighted work unless you own the copyright.
Once you have all of these things, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to work out the next steps. Furthermore, if you would like help editing and need a few extra eyes to go over your piece, you can share it in one of our forums, such as Skepti-Forum on Facebook, and ask members to go over it with you. If you’re looking for references or want to test your claims, many of our members would be likely help you. If you have any further questions, or need any help, please don’t hesitate to ask.