Welcome to our Nodes of Science Directory. Since our project applies the concept of networked nodes across social media, you can use some information below as a basic road map. Our philosophy is that there is no one way to participate in public science issues. Different audiences have different needs and different issues need different approaches. For these reasons, we work to encourage a diversity of projects both under the Nodes of Science umbrella as well as in a supportive role for parallel projects. Our goal is to engage the public in mutual discourse while promoting critical thinking, skeptical inquiry, and scientific reasoning.
Official Website & Email
- Nodes of Science Facebook Page: Our main news sharing and project update on Facebook. We use our page here to share information between different communities.
- Science & Skepticism Collaboration: Our collaborative community serves not only as a community workbench for turning ideas into projects, but also a support centre. Social media administrators, moderators, mediators, and community builders may gather to trade strategies and seek assistance.
- Science Communication Outreach: Open group for everything science communication. Our community welcomes collaboration, coordination, and advocacy. We strongly encourage science of science communication discussions.
- Brains Thinking About Brains: Science and evidence-based community applying skeptical inquiry to issues surrounding the mind, behaviour, and the brain.
- Psychological Science Forum: Science-based discussion of psychological topics with a focus on evaluating and discussing research.
- The Skeptical Science Hub: The goal is respectful, evidence-based discussions aimed at educating on the topics of science and technology based issues, skepticism, the principle of charity, and “Polya’s moral qualities of a scientist.”
- Dedicated Threads: Our more tightly moderated group where all threads are dedicated threads. Discussions here are more focused, analytical, and thorough.
- Scientechnology: Reasoned discussion of any and all issues surrounding science and technology. We invite thorough and nuanced discourse of philosophy, ethics, and history in relacion to science and technology.
- GMO Science Forum: A public forum for exchanging thoughts and information on issues surrounding GMOs and biotechnology. The community welcomes news, research, and reasoned debate.
- Canadian GMO Forum: GMO discussions in a Canadian context.
- SkePic: Science communication through images, memes, and infographics.
- Fact in the Head Page & Fact in the Head Group: For practising evidence-based discussion, exploring psychology, and discussing quirky news.
- Pesticides, Chemicals, & Toxic-Free Discussion: A mutual and rational discussion on everything to do with pesticides and chemicals. Our group focuses on reason-based, rather than fear-based, discussions.
- Chemophobia: An antidote to irrational fear of chemicals.
- Sex, Drugs, & Science: An evidence-based exploration into the science of sex, drugs, and rock & roll (and other music).
- Free Writing: A workshop for any and all writing, from fiction to non-fiction. Practice your writing skills, share your work, and help others.
The Skepti-Forum Network
- Skepti-Forum Network: Now an autonomous, community-organised group of separate projects, Skepti-Forum provides several communities across social media where people can engage in discussions of public science issues. The mission of the Skepti-Forum project is to offer a variety of forums for rational, respectful, and evidence-based exploration of important current issues related to science and technology, especially for those subjects surrounded by confusion, misinformation, and misconception. The Skepti-Forums promote the tools of skeptical inquiry and scientific reasoning to nurture an open atmosphere for exchanging ideas, sharing disagreement, and asking questions. The community believes that both experts and non-experts can contribute tools, resources, and ideas for thinking about science and scientific claims.
- The Skepti-Forum: Message board.
- Skepti-Wiki: Skepti-Forum’s community wiki
- Skepti-Forum & Friends: Main community project discussion and networking group for Skepti-Forum and friends.
- Science Media Skepti-Forum: Science Media Skepti-Forum encourages discussion into how science is communicated and mis-communicated through the media.
- GMO Skepti-Forum (Group, Page)
- Vaccine Skepti-Forum
- Environment Skepti-Forum
- Genetics and Evolution Skepti-Forum
- Health Skepti-Forum
- Pharma Skepti-Forum
- Parenting Skepti-Forum
- Google+ (Community, Page)
- The Skeptical Science Hub (Formerly Skepti-Forum group hub)
- Sex and Gender Lab (SGL) (Formerly Sex Skepti-Forum)
- Eclectic Science (Formerly the main Skepti-Forum Facebook page)
- Veterinary Skepti-Forum (Spinoff)
- Conspiracy Kitchen (Formerly Conspiracy Skepti-Forum)
- Fluoride Discussions (Formerly Fluoride Skepti-Forum)
- The Otter Limits (Formerly Otter Skepti-Forum) A less formal group for casual chat and fun. Get to know who we are and join in on some off-topic discussions.